28366 Kensington Lane Perrysburg, OH 43551 US
Our client is seeking a Surveyor in Training or Professional Surveyor experienced in Civil 3D/MicroStation Open Roads Designer to work in our Toledo, OH office. This individual will handle a variety of job responsibilities in the field and office including construction staking, engineering design surveys, data collection, GPS, GIS mapping, mobile or terrestrial LiDAR collection, field investigation, field review, and coordination of multiple projects and clients. Candidates must have thorough knowledge of modern survey methods and equipment.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction using engineering plans.
- Operate computerized data collection.
- Record survey measurements and descriptive data using notes, drawings, and sketches.
- Process survey data and create boundary, topographic, right-of-way, and as-built surveys with MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Employees will need to be able to walk, climb, and maneuver outdoors to conduct field surveys; lift and carry survey equipment; and operate company motor vehicle to travel to work sites. Outdoor work in inclement weather is necessary. Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly in person, in writing, and over the phone. Indoor work involves using a computer and other standard office equipment, sitting, standing, and light lifting. Visual acuity is necessary to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Surveying or Engineering, or applicable experience. Professional Surveyor license or ability to obtain licensure a plus. Valid driver’s license required.
- 8+ years of related surveying experience.
- Experience with MicroStation Select Series and Open Roads Designer.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Prior work on Michigan or Ohio Department of Transportation (MDOT or ODOT) projects.
- Ability to work on construction and project sites while complying with all applicable safety requirements.
- Work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Perform responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.