T-Line Project Engineer
Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
Our client is looking for a Transmission Project Engineer to support our Wyomissing, PA or Lake Mary, FL or Jacksonville, FL office, working remotely is also an option. This position is ideal for an excellent communicator and skilled problem solver, with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount. We offer you the opportunity to challenge your abilities in a dynamic and diversified team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will use his/her technical abilities to plan, analyze, and design a variety of transmission line projects primarily with the utilities and other type of projects with multiple stakeholders.
- In addition, he/she will report directly to a Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager and will have primarily transmission line project planning, analysis, and design responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of transmission line project scope & deliverables. Having the ability to identify scope creep and provide immediate input and coordinate with Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager to remedy the situation.
- Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinating with equipment vendors, clients, and the rest of the design disciplines.
- Lead meeting with clients, other stakeholders, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions.
- Following the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies.
- Researching issues related to transmission line projects that impact individual projects.
- Writing and editing technical reports and engineering studies.
- Preparing plans, specifications, and design packages for transmission line projects.
- Producing technical presentations and design drawings.
- Perform detailed studies, review plans, transmission line modeling and design tasks associated with utilities or other type of projects, under the supervision of a project manager.
- Support construction projects with field site visits and construction observation duties, responding to RFIs.
- Act as a liaison between engineering and construction teams.
- Certify that Design Practices are followed as they relate to their Practice/Discipline deliverables, and they act as a focal point for the Project Practice/Discipline Team Members.
- Schedule and coordinate peer reviews of said tasks including, third-party Practice/Discipline quality reviews of deliverables.
- Support project manager and group manager to prepare proposal man-hour estimates and technical scopes to support the sales effort.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Candidate must have strong technical writing abilities. Good command in English is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, to manage others, their workload, and client expectations.
- Complete skillsets in modeling transmission lines in PLS-CADD, preparing route alignments, preparing plan and profiles, performing structural analysis, detailed knowledge of hardware assemblies and conductors, structure detail drawings and BOMs. Tower design skillsets is a plus.
- Experienced with the use of software in accordance with expertise, which may include PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER as well as LPile, FAD Tools, specialized structural software (ANSYS, LS DYNA and SAP2000).
- Familiarity and sufficient knowledge in related electrical studies, such as EMF, fault current, grounding, contaminants study and clearance analysis for transmission line design.
- Project/design management and team leadership experience.
- Ability to manage and complete deliverables as per project schedule and within budget for various size of project, from small & medium sized projects to larger & complex projects.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to meet with project timelines for engineering deliverables
- Ability to understand and apply client specific requirements (standards & specifications) and applicable codes & regulations
- Requires broad general knowledge of electrical industrial and utility power projects, including strong familiarity with other disciplines required for completion of such projects, including Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Services, Surveying, and permitting.
- Open mindedness to learn new aspects of transmission line design or new emerging technology.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in transmission line design and construction experience. (69kV to 765kV). Utility experience and/or experience in underground transmission line are/is a plus.
- Existing Pennsylvania or Florida professional engineer registration (P.E.) or ability to obtain within 6 months of starting work. Puerto Rico licensing is a plus
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% to industrial worksites to support project work.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.