Technical Specialist I
925 WHITE OAKS BLVD. Bridgeport, VA 26330 US
- Project in service tracking to ensure projects are being placed in service timely and AFUDC charges are minimized
- Assist Engineers with material quotes/requisitions/bids (this includes Risk Management Engineer)
- Assist Engineers in running down issues (missing materials, inaccurate quotes, inaccurate materials, missing MTRs, etc.)
- Assist Engineers with Project Completion Packets to ensure 60 day deadline is met
- Assist Engineers with compiling bid packages (this includes Risk Management Engineer)
- Assist with filling out CGT completion reports.
- For CGT, we are required to list all in-service assets in a form along with the associated dollar amount for each asset for accounting purposes. For the most part, this is the same items and detailed information that is on the BOM, station MAOP spreadsheet, quotes, requisitions, material transfer sheets, and project take off sheets we use for estimating. These tasks are somewhat redundant and I believe they could help uniform this data to make all the sheets somewhat seamless from beginning to end. I am not saying they will need to be responsible for all these tasks, but could assist with the data entry and formatting part.
- Assist with uploading and monitoring contractor responses in Ariba (RFX) bidding platform currently managed by Brenda Millers group (this includes Risk Management Engineer)
- Review approved projects against MAOP issues to identify synergies
- MOC tracking to ensure items are being closed out timely. CGT has a MOC for every capital project and managing the completion of individual tasks to close these timely is a fairly significant time requirement.
- Assist in development of CGT Drawing Index
- Property/Machinery insurance inspection coordination and data collection
- Ordering of supplies for FE and Technical Services
- Pool vehicle maintenance/inspections/etc.
- Development of internal processes for CGT. Large amount of FE processes are not documented.
- Annual Class Analysis for CGT
- Manage annual Equip. spec reviews: Coordination, tracking, and implementation of changes
- E&C webpage management
- TEIC SOP Consolidation assistance to update FE documents with new procedures
- Assistance in update slides/weekly reports
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.