Technical Specialist II
525 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
The Technical Assistant II will work manage the processing of pole attachment requests for CATV/Telephone/Telecom/Governmental entities to attach, remove, or adjust to Duke Energy poles in all the DEC territory (NC/SC). The Technical Assistant II will work closely with the Joint Use Engineering Contractors to ensure the requests are being completed accurately and within the FCC timelines. This position requires intense data entry into various applications such as Maximo, PeopleSoft, Spida, and JUMS. Candidates should have the ability to work accurately and independently and have good computer skills.
- Facilitates communication with other utilities, engineering, and contractors to complete tasks.
- Maintains and updates data in various application in accordance with established work procedures.
- Utilizes and maintains software systems Maximo, PeopleSoft, JUMS, ARGUS and Spida.
- Accurately create invoices for MakeReady/Engineering Charges in Maximo.
- Run monthly reports for management.
- Process contractor invoices for payment.
- Develops and/or reviews selected correspondence, reports, invoices, schedules, and/or technical documentation.
- Reviews work produced by self and others to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Makes appropriate modifications and recommendations as necessary.
- Perform routine and detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Associates degree in Other Technical
In lieu of Associates degree(s) listed above, High School/GED AND 2 year(s) related work experience
Will the contingent worker be required to drive a vehicle: No Will the contingent worker be required to drive a Duke Energy vehicle: No Will this contingent worker be performing any physical labor? No
Work hours of Requested Position: 40; 8-5 If Hybrid, number of days in office: 2-3 days in office (initial training will require more onsite days) Will business expenses be covered? No Will there be OT in this position? Potential Per Diem: No
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.