Groves, TX 77619 US
- Requires an Respirator Fitness Physical https://www.concentra.com/physical-exams/respirator-exams/
- Role does require basic math skills, and the ability to obtain a Hazwoper40, and 20 hour Refinery Safety Overview.
- The role will monitor the levels pressures and temperatures of equipment, and record levels at regular increments.
- This role requires standard drug screening and criminal background check.
- Shift will start as Mon-Fri 7PM to 4PM for training. The site does not always operate 24 hour shifts, but the plant can change production to 7X24 without notice.
- The Operator operate(s) and maintain(s) sludge, de-watering treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in refinery/industrial facility to meet customer specifications under direct supervision.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, centrifuges, valves, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Under Supervision perform the following: keep the work area neat and clean; collect liquid and solid samples and perform routine sampling testing; log and record process readings; perform unit rounds; assist in facility equipment preventative maintenance; and assist in general maintenance of facility equipment.
- Diagnose basic operational problems and take corrective action per procedures.
- Verify and report suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor or designee and take corrective actions.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes: work area and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’ s License and maintain throughout employment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Read and understand instructions/signs/directions in English.
- Proficient mathematical skills; attention to detail and follow up.
- Able to focus and observed instrument screens for periods of time.
- Proficient using PC, word processing and email software.
- Pass drug screens, physical and safety sensitive background check.
- Work effectively in diverse team environments that are dynamic.
- Wear required personal protective equipment including; clothing, gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
- Enter and exit company vehicles without assistance.
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs; and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Sit or stand periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp.
- Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms/pathways, gravel and uneven surfaces.
- Able to walk across pathways with open enclosures at heights of 10 to 25 feet.
- Work in loud, cold, hot, wet and dry environments; both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.