Technology Consulting Engagement Lead
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
The Technology Consulting Engagement Leader role within our organization, will partner with our customers in the Electric Utility space to understand their critical business challenges and implement technology-focused solutions that build a brighter future. This role will be highly engaged with driving targeted conversations around industry challenges, understanding our customers’ needs, and finding solutions to empower organizations to drive their business to more efficient operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate how our technology solutions address customer pain points, capture critical win components from the customer, and drive development of a winning proposal. This role requires a deep understanding of our capabilities and the ability to effectively communicate with customers in the Electric Utility space. This role will be responsible for communicating how our existing offerings help the Utility meet their business objectives and providing consulting services related to technology solutions. They will build relationships throughout the customer organization to leverage opportunities to capitalize on technology investments. They will be comfortable discussing current state and leading teams to move customers to desired future state. They will lead teams and oversee the work of conducting complicated technology systems integrations, while partnering with sales and marketing groups to continue to build the business footprint.
- Effectively present consulting services and solution offerings to prospects and existing customers virtually and in person
- Lead customers through the full sales process while engaging others in the business unit to support as needed
- Target specific clients identified along with identifying specific clients target penetration strategy
- Follow through on quarterly financial goals – Building and advancing opportunities through the sales funnel, Customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Support quarterly strategy reviews with a data-driven approach to evaluating the market and effectiveness of current plans.
- Lead the positioning of service offerings, including collaborating with internal (and/or external) partners on development of strategic plan, target customers, and tailored offering collateral
- Lead the adaptation of standard value proposition, templates, and guides to support the effective communication of capabilities and delivery of projects.
- Regular review and iteration on service offerings message to align with customer needs and improve market penetration.
- Process Improvement by review of sales processes, proposal processes and identify areas to improve for existing offerings.
- Be a part of the culture to continuously improve in a systematic way.
- Understand the customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, business drivers, technology strategy, and competitive landscape.
- Leverage existing customer relationships inside the company to generate warm leads
- Position for and prepare responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and participate in on-going training
- Communicate solutions benefits effectively
- Maintain accurate sales funnel data and achieve strategic targets
- Establish and maintain long-term business relationships
- Manage and interpret customer requirements and properly set customer expectations
- Partner with internal teams to provide technology support in larger work engagements
- Champion the value of technology innovation for customer with internal teams
- Partner with broad sales team to position in new accounts and grow existing accounts
- Drive account discover/planning activities for technology solutions in assigned accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology or related field. Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 7 years related experience (3 or more years identifying and implementing solutions for broad technology systems is preferred).
- Previous roles that engaged with external customers in a consulting capacity
- Working with clients to deploy/integrate/adopt operational technology platforms
- Preparing solutions focused on service definition and growth
- Developing solutions that lead to results with business impact
- Developing customer relationships and winning work
- Advancing organization goals and growth
- Demonstrated Skills include:
- Combination of technical skills and business acumen applied to solve complex customer challenges
- Consulting experience and ability to manage Technology Implementation projects within IT and OT space of Utility Clients.
- Knowledge of Electric Utility Industry as it relates to technology services and implementation in Transmission Planning, Distribution Operations, managing capital projects, grid management systems, data management services and geospatial services.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and the ability to implement them across many tools & platforms
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking and prioritization of resources to provide the most value to customers.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and make timely decisions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work and communicate with technical and non-technical customers.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drive to keep skills aligned with industry advancements
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Business aptitude and negotiation skills
- Ability to teach technical concepts and a passion for continuous learning
- Contracts and commercial acumen to achieve strong financial results
- Travel: 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.