Telecom Engineer I
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
The work involves new system deployments and system upgrades with a focus on Fiber Engineering and support.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops plans and prepares engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts/equipment lists, logical installation instructions and appropriate documentation (drawings, wiring diagrams, layouts, etc.) to support an efficient installation and maintenance process.
- Works effectively with other team members to successfully implement transport projects.
- Monitors installation work to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with current telecommunications technology and available facilities.
- Resolves complex technical problems and provides technical assistance to installation and maintenance personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Self-directed, motivated, and organized
- Experience with CAD or GIS Systems
- Experience with Utility Protection Services
- Experience with DOT, railroad and municipality permitting processes
- Experience with pole loading analysis, SAG and tension charts
- Understanding of joint use policies and systems, such as SPANS
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment
- Experience with the Corporate Documentation System (Fusion).
- Experience with OSP Insight.
- Four years of experience designing fiber optic network infrastructure, including OPGW, ADSS (communications space and power space) and underground fiber installations
- Experience with fiber installation techniques such as boring, trenching and aerial cable installation
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Job IT Development and Administration
Organization IT Telecom, Microwave Radio Transport and Power Delivery team
Provide enterprise level architecture, design and support of Telecommunications Services needed to support infrastructure and business applications.
These services include, but are not limited to Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Optical Transport Network (OTN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Voice Over IP (VOIP), Land Mobile Radio, Microwave Packet Radio and a variety of other hardware and software solutions. Positions also integrate applications to enable usage, support, and monitoring of these various hardware technologies.
Positions develop and maintain routine work procedures and define standard designs, installation, support and upgrade methodologies.
Responsibilities may include evaluation, acquisition, design, installation, integration testing, upgrading components, operational support and performance monitoring.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university.
- In lieu of a degree, 10 years related business experience.
- Work experience in addition to a degree: 1-3 years of job related experience.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- One year experience with Microsoft (MS) Windows Operating Systems and MS Office. Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work self directed and be a team player.
- Ability to resolve complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight.
- Experience with position specific technical Software and Hardware. Computer skills, including general usage and support.
- Ability to research independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines under tight timeframes.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with different levels within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a work plan driven/team environment. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Develops and applies telecom technologies for the business.
- Superior working knowledge of the telecommunications systems, associated safety policies, practices, work procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Superior inter-personal skills (listening, conflict management, approachability, negotiations) with ability and willingness to share information and transfer knowledge to others.
- Ability to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form to business clients and senior management.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.