Test Engineer I
Aberdeen, MD 21005 US
You will get the opportunity to perform engineering analysis of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
- Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
- Conduct duties consistent with the Companys mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering 6-plus months of related experience or internship experience
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience with a high-level cad system
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.