Test Engineer II
3031 Oregon St Oshkosh, WI 54902 US
Under the guidance and supervision from the senior engineering staff, plan, coordinate and work with technicians to accomplish projects involving heavy-duty vehicles test and/or development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
- Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
- Assist in formulating project estimates.
- Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to subordinate engineers and technicians.
- Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
- Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
- Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
- Travel may be required, up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field 2-5 years related work experience
- Experience utilizing vehicle CAN bus systems for troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Experience with Ford powertrain and electrical subsystems
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.