Test Technician I
425 North Washburn Street Oshkosh, WI 54904 US
As a Technician, you will support senior technicians and engineers in testing vehicles and parts/components, performing configuration changes and repairs of vehicles and test stands, and following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications. This role may also provide support in the fabrication and assembly of vehicles and related systems/sub-systems. The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. The Technician is expected to provide exemplary support technical support to the customers.
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- Technical Diploma with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Ability to travel 10%.
- Associates degree with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Certified Welder (CW) (internal certification required at Commercial segment).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanic tool set and tool box (required at Defense segment).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.