1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Our client is seeking highly skilled Traffic Engineers with 10-20 years of experience on ODOT-type design projects for our Cleveland, Akron and Columbus, Ohio office locations. This position will report to the Manager of Transportation Engineering and will work closely with the Director of Municipal and Transportation Engineering and our Transportation Project Managers and engineering staff to ensure client's needs and expectations are met and exceeded in a timely fashion.
- Active team member working closely with our Senior Project Engineers and Project Managers to design and develop various types of roadway/highway improvement projects throughout the State of Ohio and Florida.
- Model and develop traffic improvement solutions for local roads, highways and interstates.
- Perform all aspects of traffic control studies and design, including lane and roadway reconfiguration, interchange modifications, IOS, MOT, signalization, pavement marking/striping and signing.
- Perform critical thinking in development, evaluation, selection, and modification of standards engineering techniques and procedures.
- Will have client and sub-consultant contact regarding current design projects and studies.
- May require periodic field construction observation and responding to Request for Information during construction phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years related experience in Transportation project delivery.
- PE License in the State of Ohio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience/knowledge of AASHTO and ODOT Design Criteria.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with OpenRoads Designer, Microstation, Geopak, and AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Experience with HCS, Synchro and TransModeler sofware.
- Continuous studying and training on the job is required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.