Transmission Engineering Technologist II
Plainfield, IN 46168 US
- This Contingent Worker position is for an Engineering Technologist in the Substation Engineering Department located in Plainfield, IN.
- The department is responsible for designing the physical layout for new substations, expansions to existing substations, upgrades, and failing equipment replacements that require engineering efforts to retrofit with the latest equipment.
- Substation Engineering is responsible for site grading, foundation design, structural design and analysis, and electrical analysis for grounding and lightning protection.
- We are a diverse group of civil engineers, electrical engineers, and designer/drafters that all work together to contribute to our success.
- Works closely with Engineers to provide design and drafting support for all project packages.
- The Engineering Technologist utilizes a variety of tools and techniques in order to complete a design package including: AutoCAD, Fusion (for IBM FileNet P8), Maximo, and others.
- The final product is an engineering release package consisting of pertinent drawings and bills of materials.
- The CW Technologist is responsible for creating all construction drawings associated with the construction package.
- Responsible for assisting with the submittal of Clearing, Foundation, and Electrical work packages for transmission.
- Preparation of initiation, route site, one-lines, permit drawings, plan profile drawings, and other documents required for work package submittal.
- Utilize Auto CAD to manipulate existing and create new CAD files Summary.
- Applies technical expertise to solve more complex problems and management skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop deeper technical skills and the ability to work with an increasing degree of independence.
- Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with some guidance.
- Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), OR 2+ years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), OR 6+ years equivalent experience without a degree.
- Entry before described years of experience premised on management discretion over additional education obtained.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Skills Desired: Utilize PLS-CADD design software for pole spotting, conductor sagging, and structural analysis.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.