VP of Affordable Housing
520 Eighth Avenue , 5th Floor New York, NY 10018 US
1. Lead site identification efforts and manage the acquisition process. Manage due diligence efforts to determine project feasibility as well as the selection process of potential partners and consultants.
2. Coordinate all pre-development activities, internally and with partners and consultants, including, but not limited to, community outreach and notification.
3. Structure project ownership models in collaboration with SRG leadership and legal counsel.
4. Supervise staff in the development of new projects and the ownership and administration of the existing portfolio.
5. Work with company leadership, partners and funders in securing, coordinating and requisitioning project capital and operating funding and financing.
6. Prepare real estate-related financial projections and analyses, including proforma projections of development and operating budgets, construction draw schedules, cash flow and reserve analyses, etc. Monitor project cash flows during pre-development and construction, tracking project budgets and expenditures.
7. Lead consultants throughout the development process, including land use review protocols.
8. Assist company staff and property managers in marketing efforts. Identify potential commercial and/or community tenants as needed.
9. Oversee preparation of responses to Requests for Proposals and Qualifications as well as all necessary funding applications. Coordinate with appropriate entities, including partners, government agencies, equity and debt providers, and other private and non-profit entities.
10. Collaborate with Company’s Grants and Research Department to identify funding opportunities and prepare grant applications to various funders and philanthropic groups.
11. Represent SRG in varying capacities, including at industry functions. Serve as brand ambassador as needed.
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree (B.A.), with Master’s Degree (M.A.) preferred;
2. 7-10 years of experience in affordable housing development, as well as training in: underwriting, financial feasibility and analysis, government programs (federal, state and city) for real estate financing, knowledge of and experience with the New York City development community (for profit and nonprofit), government agencies, financial institutions, architects and engineers.
3. In-depth knowledge of the construction and property management processes.
4. Proven ability to manage multiple real estate development projects simultaneously, to lead teams of internal staff and external consultants, and to effectively problem solve a variety of issues that may occur during the real estate development process.
5. Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the preparation of reports, briefing papers, and correspondence.
6. Excellent organizational, coordination, problem-solving, and time management skills, including the planning and managing of multiple projects.
Working Conditions/Physical Demand:
This position is a hybrid work schedule with the expectation the employee will work on sites of construction projects, in the office and work from home.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.