200 Inner Belt Rd Somerville, MA 02143 US
- Inspect, operate and maintain wastewater treatment systems, related equipment and components including, but not limited to: chemical metering pumps, centrifugal transfer pumps, “other” pump types; calibrate and standardize pH and ORP probes and control loops; maintain assorted filter types, and document observations and work performed.
- Maintain and complete daily logs and administrative forms of all maintenance and routine operations at sites.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot various flow measuring devices such as Sigma, ISCO, and Foxboro.
- Properly maintain various Programmable Logic Control Devices (PLCs).
- Collect industrial wastewater samples using ISCO and similar types and styles of automatic samplers.
- Possess a working knowledge of pertinent wastewater regulations, as well as knowledge of effective installation of new equipment such as pumps, valves, flow meters, probes, and other system related equipment.
- Participate in training personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of industrial wastewater treatment plants.
- Assist with system repairs and upgrades.
- Provide technical assistance to our customers.
- High School diploma or GED
- Driver's license in good standing
- Ability to work independently
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Computer literate; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position
- Massachusetts Wastewater License, Grade 1I or 2I
- Municipal Wastewater License
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.