Senior Traffic Engineer
9115 Harris Corners Parkway Harris Corners Two Charlotte, NC 28269 US
SENIOR TRAFFIC ENGINEER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical engineering responsibilities may include traffic impact studies, traffic operations analyses, safety studies, signal system design, signal timing plans, maintenance of traffic, pavement markings and signage, highway lighting design and corridor studies.
- Willing to balance performing design work and assisting in sales efforts.
- Project/task and client management
- Maintain client relationships.
- Ability to work in a team setting collaboratively with a group of traffic, transportation, and site/civil engineers.
- Ability to mentor, direct activities and supervise work of other engineers.
- Ability to identify project issues and facilitate resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to analyze situations and identify ways to improve efficiency.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly to high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in team settings.
- Occasionally visits work site, monitoring project progress and reports findings.
- Ability to meet all safety requirements if/when visiting a work site.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- P.E. license preferred and PTOE preferred
- 7 to 15 years’ experience required
- Strong technical background with good client skills
- Experience with Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, SIDRA, TransModeler, VISSIM, AutoCAD/MicroStation/Geopak/Open Roads Designer and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Travel Demand Modeling Software (TransCAD, CUBE), ArcGIS, SignCAD preferred
- Knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual and NCDOT Congestion Management Guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with NCDOT and/or NC municipalities is preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.